The Young Zoom on Garbage Art Festival is yet another success story for VAST. The festival concluded with a street performance by the Happy Valley youth group and prizes were awarded by our very own home grown environmentalist hero Dasho Peljor J Dorji. The highlight of the closing day was the surprise visit by our Prime Minister which was big moral support to many of our young partners and students. Apart from creating bigger impact on awareness and behavioral changes, other news worthwhile to mention is that festival really gave a big chance to rebuild the community spirit. Therefore we would like to thank once again all our partners, sponsors and volunteers for putting their hearts and soul into this festival.
Following are the recipients of the awards sponsored by Nima Seldon of Namsay Adventure:
- Aum Dhan Maya for her recycle wrapper mat innovation
- Ap Phub Dorji for his recycle cement bag ropes
- Ap Changala for sending 2 truck load of scap every month out of the country
- Ap Bhajay M Bhadur for cleaning the “Doma tsima” bettle nut juice spatted by people every morning at the clock tower square
- 25 children who collected more than 15,000 pieces of garbage on the day
Today VAST is on another very different project. They are on their way to Bumthang with 12 volunteers from VAST and 54 elderly ladies form Punakha village for Make a Wish Part 2.