Voluntary Artists’ Studio, Thimphu, popularly known as VAST was set up in 1998 by a group of professional artists as a non profitable and non governmental organization (NGO). This informal organization was set up with the sole aim of providing an opportunity to the Bhutanese youth to participate and develop their potential talents as well as share social responsibilities through artistic explorations and other socially useful and productive work. Its primary objective is to provide potential vocational skills and alternative positive use of free time and facilitate participation in the national and international art realm.
- To promote the importance and the value of visual art.
- To guide and assist young artists to explore their full potential.
- To nurture the creative talents of the Bhutanese youth.
- To provide potential vocational skill exploration through exposure and participation in art.
- To spread social awareness through art.To promote the importance of our rich culture and tradition through art. To provide an alternative positive use of free time in a productive manner.
- To facilitate participation in national, regional and international art realm.